We are working together with a charity foundation for the Saturday. Where some of the drivers have volunteered to give youngsters a few laps on the track in their favourite car.
Driving in sessions the first day
Gran Turismo Polonia is a very popular event. We expect more cars than ever. Some drivers have been to every edition, and are now masters on the track. And some will be in Poland for the first time. Hence, we are doing driving sessions on the first day on the track, where we separate beginners from the experts. During the following two days we drive according to open pit lane rules.
Castle Wasowo, just outside Poznan. New feature of the 2014 Schedule.
This schedule is preliminary and can be subject to changes at a later stage. Please note that the event now starts in Poznan on a Wednesday, and ends on a Saturday.
23-25 June: Pre-party in Karlskrona and Sopot
Wednesday 25 June - Arrival to Poznan
- Arrival to Poznan and Andersia Hotel
- Dinner and briefing
Thursday 26 June
- Driving in sessions on the track
- Drive to Palac Wasowo. 37 minutes from Andersia by car. We leave the hotel at dinner time and go there together - all 150 cars. In this magic Neo gothic style palace we have grilled wild boar on the terrace facing the lake. A nice relaxed night with your friends. Just like ten years ago.
Friday 27 June
- Driving on the track, no sessions - open pit lane
- Dinner on the city square
- After party in Pacha (yes, they have one in Poznan now!)
Saturday 28 June
- Driving on the track, no sessions - open pit lane with insane amounts of cheering crowds
- Awards dinner in Andersia Hotel
- After party in Andersia Hotel. Now on a Saturday instead of a Wednesday, as before. Imagine what this does to the number of VIPs and guests. It will be completely mad once again.
Sunday 29 June
- Late check-out from the hotel
- Brunch on the city square. Optional. Consider your self invited.
The Gran Turismo After Party in Andersia is now on a Saturday, instead of a Wednesday.
Join us in Poland in June
Registration is open. There is already over a hundred super cars on the list, which is more than in March 2013. Andersia Hotel, where we stay, will be fully booked soon. We are making reservations in hotels nearby, too, to accommodate everyone. If you want to stay in Andersia for the event, you register now.
Since Alx is going to lead the race all the way from the start to finish, the placement of the logo on the rear of the car is logical. The Lion is a mighty ferocious animal. Impossible to pass. I will also be here personally at the track during the race. It will be a pleasure to see our Lion logo making it to the finish line first. If Alx doesnt win, I want my money back., Peter Ternstrom, Gran Turismo Events.
Watch the race at 22:15 (Central European Time)
The race is being televised live on FOX sports. If you dont have FOX, you can watch the live stream from the race here:
>> The password is: daytona